The Official "I get to use an IMAX projector and you don't" thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Official "I get to use an IMAX projector and you don't" thread

I've been gone from the forums for some time and Figure that this would be a good come back topic. For those that don't know. I'm a projectionist and my theater recently got a new addition to our already kick ass presentation. A fucking Digital IMAX system.

I have a few pictures I'll throw up that I took during construction, but first heres some quick facts on the system:

• There are 2 projectors that are connected via a sever and a "magic box" as an idiot IMAX spokesperson tried to describe it to us.
    • Each projector has a 6,000 Watt bulb in it. Think about that for a second. I dare you to look at them.
    • It has a 15000 mother-fucking-watt sound system. I can kill you using it if you piss me off.
    • You know how you're always saying "Fuck yeah, I have a 1080P home theater system, what the fuck do you have?" Want to know what I have bitch? I have a fucking 2000P system. Fuck your shit.

The rest is all techno/projectionist babble.

So here are the pictures.

Thats the "magic box" on the wall.

This Cable Will Eat Your Soul.

Fuck yeah.

What the screen looks like from the Projection Booth.

I'm going to be taking updated pictures of the system the next time I work.

Questions?

Damn, that's pretty crazy looking. You need to find the elusive brown note and blare it through the sound system. People will die from the sheer force of their shit exploding from their bodies.
    "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

Nice, I need to check that out... hurry up and have a good movie to play damn it!
      "Can't really bench press anything when you're sporting less than an inch, it's common with Asian males... FUCK!" ~ nerdious

"When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro." - Hunter S. Thompson

Recipient of "The Best Post of the Day Award" : 1

Comment

Seriously, hook up some comp tickets and I'll be there...thanks for the PS3 by the way.
        Instagram: thepatronsaintofcheeseburgers

Comment

Working...
        X