Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Aronofsky's The Wrestler

http://www.apple.com/trailers/fox_se...t/thewrestler/

Looks really, really, really fucking good. Rourke looks fucking great in this as does Tomei. I'm super excited for this one.
    "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Looks very heavy. Smells of Oscar contention. Be cool to see Rourke win, even if he is a freak show these days.
    Touch it. Touch my fuzziness! It's like petting a kitten!
    Now drop the pants and take the bacon!
    POUTINE AND CELINE DION FOR EVERYONE!!!!

Comment

I'm going to try and get into a screening at work!
      Blog Time! http://plasticlovin.blogspot.com/

Reporter: "Is Ringo Starr the best drummer in the world?"
      John Lennon: "Ringo isn't even the best drummer in The Beatles."

Forget it Viet, it's Hockentown. - Russ

Lord Hocken's gaze was that of the Green Horned Mindraper.

Comment

I've heard nothing but great things about this movie. Really can't wait for it.
        "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

Maybe they'll throw in an ass to ass reference for ya!
          Touch it. Touch my fuzziness! It's like petting a kitten!
          Now drop the pants and take the bacon!
          POUTINE AND CELINE DION FOR EVERYONE!!!!

Comment

They've been screening it for the academy.
            Instagram: thepatronsaintofcheeseburgers

Comment

If you read Ricky Rourke's wikipage, it almost seems autobiographical. Rourke was originally a boxer and had a come back after his movie career sorta tanked prior to Sin City.

MARV
              Turd Stick.... http://www.blainegarrett.com<br />Krapp's Last 'Cast.... http://www.krappslastcast.com

Comment

Duh. Rourke fucked his shit up. This will redeem him. Cannot wait.

Comment

Saw this recently. It's freaking great, and in my opinion should be up for best picture. In a just world, Aronofsky has a number of Oscars. Guess he'll just have to settle for Rachel Weiz.

Mickey Rourke is great in it, though I honestly wonder how much is "acting" and how much of it is just his own personality coming through. Don't know how long this will stick around, so check it out if you get a chance.
                  "Can't you just magic it away?"
                  "No, no more than you can just 'science' it away."

Xbox Live & PSN Tag: wydren

Comment

Cannot wait to see this.

Comment

No doubt Aronofsky is a master. He managed to spin gold out of some Barton Fink hay.

Comment

Going to see it on saturday, can't wait.
                        Instagram: thepatronsaintofcheeseburgers

Comment

Saw this at the Angelika after Friday the 13th let out.

Jarring transition be damned.

Rourke was a revelation. Moment to moment, just following him through his daily routine was equally intriguing as it was devastating. From the beginning to that gutpunch of an ending, there is no doubt in my mind the man will win a creepy, golden, castrated naked statue on the 22nd. Just amazing stuff.

And the supporting cast did incredible work as well. From Marisa Tomei to Evan Rachel Wood, to Todd Barry to Judah fucking Friedlander (!?). It was just a trim, talented group of players.

Why this didn't get a best picture nom and the shithouse Reader did is a fucking travesty akin to Crash being nominated and winning for anything at all aside from "most pedestrian and insultingly cliche film of the 00s".
                          Me quick one want slow

Comment

I just hope they don't give the Oscar to Penn for Milk as some kind of make-up for snubbing Ledger in Brokeback. I haven't seen Milk, so if Penn deserves to win, I'll be fine with it, but I have a hard time seeing Penn do a better job than Rourke.

Comment

The movie was so fucking good. Right when it ended I wanted to watch it again. I want to see more of Rourke playing The Ram. That line talking about how he's just a piece of meat was heartbreaking. Rourke deserves the oscar.
                              "How the fuck does your brain go Kevin Spacey~K-Pax?" - Rob

Comment

Working...
                              X