Salute your Shorts: Any love?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Salute your Shorts: Any love?

One of the best shows next to Pete and Pete on good ole' Nickelodeon.

I fucking loved this show as a kid. Anyone here with me?

Budnick and Donkey Lips for the fucking win.
    "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Re: Salute your Shorts: Any love?

Oh my gosh, I completely forgot about that show. I used to watch that all the time when I was a kid!
    If I were Shé, do you think I'd be operating a taco truck? Shé brings hope. Shé rights the wrongs. Unfortunately, Shé is a myth.

Comment

I loved this, Pete and Pete, and Hey Dude. They Hey Dude chicks were freakin hot!
      Blog Time! http://plasticlovin.blogspot.com/

Reporter: "Is Ringo Starr the best drummer in the world?"
      John Lennon: "Ringo isn't even the best drummer in The Beatles."

Forget it Viet, it's Hockentown. - Russ

Lord Hocken's gaze was that of the Green Horned Mindraper.

Comment

The chick from Hey Dude is now married to Ben Stiller. Rediculous.
        "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

Reschlonkulous!
          Blog Time! http://plasticlovin.blogspot.com/

Reporter: "Is Ringo Starr the best drummer in the world?"
          John Lennon: "Ringo isn't even the best drummer in The Beatles."

Forget it Viet, it's Hockentown. - Russ

Lord Hocken's gaze was that of the Green Horned Mindraper.

Comment

It was always a special time whenever Nickelodeon would air the episode of Hey Dude where Melody's boobs almost pop out of her swimsuit when she's saving some stupid kid who is drowning in the pool.

Comment

Haha. Memories.

Comment

Budnick for the win. Reminded after coming across his band on youtube. haha.

Comment

Donkeylips was too fat. He went beyond comfortable television fat into sad fat.

Plus, the smart kid grew up to be in Rilo Kiley. How about that Jenny Lewis? I'd touch her breasts with my power glove anyday.
                  My readers come to me for my thoughts and opinions. I've built myself into a brand

Click here to visit AndersonVision!

Comment

wait? The smart kid is in Rilo Kiley? Really? awesome. No idea. also, I'd touch her breasts, but only if there were no truckers around.

Comment

Originally posted by Rob View Post
                      wait? The smart kid is in Rilo Kiley? Really? awesome. No idea. also, I'd touch her breasts, but only if there were no truckers around.

I'd make the truckers watch, as I finger banged her and played Rad Racer at the same time.
                      My readers come to me for my thoughts and opinions. I've built myself into a brand

Comment

Pinsky, aka Michael's replacement, is in Rilo Kiley. It's kind of disappointing that those guys never covered the theme song for Salute Your Shorts.

Anyway, this is the one show from my youth that I refuse to revisit because I know it'll be tainted terribly. I learned my lesson with Ghostwriter, thank you very much.

/nerd Technically, Danny "Budnick" Cooksey was in Bad 4 Good (also the title of Jim Steinman's lone solo album) before he was Budnick, sooo.... /nerd

Comment

Originally posted by BudLeonard View Post
                          Pinsky, aka Michael's replacement, is in Rilo Kiley. It's kind of disappointing that those guys never covered the theme song for Salute Your Shorts.

Anyway, this is the one show from my youth that I refuse to revisit because I know it'll be tainted terribly. I learned my lesson with Ghostwriter, thank you very much.

/nerd Technically, Danny "Budnick" Cooksey was in Bad 4 Good (also the title of Jim Steinman's lone solo album) before he was Budnick, sooo.... /nerd

Oh ok, I forgot which one was the Rilo Kiley dude. Danny Cooksey also got kidnapped on Diff'rent Strokes and pissed of the T-1000.

I'm not sure where that happens in the Budnick chronology.

Comment

HAha. We've talked about that different strokes episode on the cast before. Redonkulous. And Budnick can fucking sing, well he could, not sure now. But that kid could belt it out. Just too bad about his mullet.

Comment

Cooksey was also the voice of one of the Tiny Toons, Sam, I think. I think that's how he makes a living now is doing voice-over work.

Donkeylips is, no shit, friends with Sean Bateman from Chud.

Comment

Working...
                              X