Weinsteins Partner with Cheech and Chong on Concert Movie

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Weinsteins Partner with Cheech and Chong on Concert Movie

The Weinstein Company (TWC) have partnered with Cheech Marin, Tommy Chong, and their managers Ben Feigin and Josh Klein to produce a concert movie to memorialize the comic duo's reunion and first tour together in 25 years. The announcement was made today by Barry Gordon, executive vice president of home entertainment at TWC.

As part of the arrangement, TWC has worldwide theatrical, home video, digital and television rights. The feature-length program, which will portray a live concert experience of the "Cheech & Chong: Light Up America" tour, is expected to make a major TV premiere, followed by the DVD release. TWC International will handle foreign sales beginning at AFM this week.

"'The Cheech and Chong Concert Movie' will be an historic, must-experience event for the many fans that grew up listening to their recordings and watching their movies," said Barry Gordon, EVP of Home Entertainment at TWC. "For the millions of new fans who have discovered Cheech and Chong over the years as cultural icons, this will be the first time many of them will be able to enjoy the artistry and one-of-kind magic that is Cheech and Chong live on stage. This is the comedy event of the decade."

"It's great to get a chance to cap a long career with a show of where we are now," said Marin.

Chong stated, "I really like Harvey because he picked up my dinner tab."

Start of production and official release dates are to be announced.
    "You tried your best and you failed miserably. The lesson is 'never try'."
    Homer Simpson

"What if you get scared half to death twice?"
    Steven Wright

Something went terribly wrong there!!! You have to highlight in order to read.
    Homer Simpson

Steven Wright

Comment

Oh yes, we have spoke on another thread somewhere about this awesomeness!!
      "Can't really bench press anything when you're sporting less than an inch, it's common with Asian males... FUCK!" ~ nerdious

"When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro." - Hunter S. Thompson

Recipient of "The Best Post of the Day Award" : 1

Comment

Nice!!!
        Homer Simpson

Steven Wright

Comment

Even if this fails horribly, it'll be fun to watch. I'm down.
          "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

I'm just happy they made up...even though the comedy might suck at this point...age really fucks people up.
            Instagram: thepatronsaintofcheeseburgers

Comment

Or maybe they are like fine wine... They become more potent.
              Homer Simpson

Steven Wright

Comment

Working...
              X