PS3 VGA Cable?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PS3 VGA Cable?

OK, has anyone figured out how to connect there PS3 to there computer monitor? Sony does not make an HDMI to VGA cable and all I can find is a converter costing $100.00!

Any one know a cheaper solution while still maintaining a 1080p picture?
    "Can't really bench press anything when you're sporting less than an inch, it's common with Asian males... FUCK!" ~ nerdious

"When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro." - Hunter S. Thompson

Recipient of "The Best Post of the Day Award" : 1

Does your monitor not have a DVI input?
    "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

Yes, DVI and VGA inputs.
      "Can't really bench press anything when you're sporting less than an inch, it's common with Asian males... FUCK!" ~ nerdious

Comment

http://www.amazon.com/Cables-Go-4032.../dp/B0009ST7I4

16 bucks...

Audio is seperate though....but I'm sure someone else can vouch for my semi relevant knowledge.
        "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

Although that may not do what you want. Don't you have a HD tv or no?

Comment

How would I get my audio to the PC?

Comment

Do you have an optical input on your PC?

Comment

Hmmm? I'll have to check tonight, I was also reading that the monitor will need to accept HDCP or it will not work. My computer and monitor where just bought last x-mas so I'm sure it's all up to date.

I'll try this out and will let you know, if Radio Shack is still open I'll try tonight. Keep my finger's crossed.. if this works I can actually play the PS3 when ever I want, here we go LBP!

Comment

Sweet, found a few threads that confirms audio and video hook-up. Didnt even think of connecting via DVI (Thanks Rob), just thinking of the computer monitor my brain automaticaly thinks I need VGA.

1. Make sure that your monitor is HD compatible.
                  2. A HDMI to DVI cable will work with your monitor and if your monitor permits, it will display in 1080p.
                  3. You can use the AV Multi port and HDMI ports simultaneously - the PS3 allows this.

Comment

OK, so I got an HDMI to DVI and works great... few questions however.

My monitor must only except 1080i, an I better off at 720p or 1080i.... I've always heard 720p is better and to me it does look better?

Secondly, audio sucks ass. I have no optical input on my computer and I was forced to go analog stepped down to a mic line in..... lamers, I know. Any other ideas on hooking up audio or am I better off buying a new video card???

Comment

You have a few options:

New audio card for your computer that included optical inputs.
                      New speaker setup for your puter that includes optical inputs.
                      Cheap reciever with optical inputs.

Comment

I prefer 1080i to 720p on my tv, but if 720p looks better to you, go with it.
                        Blog Time! http://plasticlovin.blogspot.com/

Reporter: "Is Ringo Starr the best drummer in the world?"
                        John Lennon: "Ringo isn't even the best drummer in The Beatles."

Forget it Viet, it's Hockentown. - Russ

Lord Hocken's gaze was that of the Green Horned Mindraper.

Comment

Just grow a pair and tell your wife to go do the dishes or some shit while you're playing. Problem solved.
                          Instagram: thepatronsaintofcheeseburgers

Comment

Here is just one of the many articles out there about the difference between 720p and 1080i
                            http://desktop.thomsongrassvalley.co...interlaced.php
                            I'm Asian. I have naturally squinty eyes, which helps when reading small print/text.--Nerdious
                            Sasha Grey makes my willy do things that my balls are scared of.--Ari
                            Oh Wendy O. How she makes my balls climb into my scrotum.--Rob
                            She doesn't have a hippo shaped cock.--Ari

Comment

I can't tell the difference between 720p and 1080i so I run in 720p if those are my only options.

Comment

Working...
                              X