Ocean's Twelve

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ocean's Twelve

The best one in the series. Anyone want to argue against that?

Best music, best cinematography, great use of breaking the 4th wall, etc.

Better than 11 and more memorable than 13.

Respect.
    "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

No arguments from me. It's my favorite. We are in the minority though.
    "With all the dick sucking and butt fucking jokes we make, this is the gayest thing ever posted on BDR. Even Howard cringed from behind his laptop playing Gilmore Girls." -BillyG

Comment

I know. It's a goddamn shame. This movie is almost perfect. Seriously.
      "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

Agreed. Like this one more than the others for sure.
        Touch it. Touch my fuzziness! It's like petting a kitten!
        Now drop the pants and take the bacon!
        POUTINE AND CELINE DION FOR EVERYONE!!!!

Comment

I agree, Twelve was best. But let me ask you this, best Soderbergh movie?"

Out of Sight FTW!

I said it. Even better than Traffic in all around value.
          Last edited by PHEDG; 10-15-2008, 12:40 PM.

Comment

Traffic sucked IMO. Too fucking preachy for me.

Out of Sight is definitely awesome.

Comment

I got in an argument at a bar a few months ago when we were discussing movies and the conversation moved to the Ocean films. My friend and I (former film students) were defending 12 to no avail. We were talking about how it was shot and edited, the mise-en-scene, how it felt like a foreign film, how we felt that the whole film was a con on the audience, but they weren't buying any of that (I think we lost them about 30 seconds in). They wanted more of the same, they missed Vegas. Oh well, our film nerd speak got us free drinks.

Out of Sight is definitely my favorite Soderbergh film. Don Cheadle has some awesome lines.

Well, uh, the man don't just have to die, Foley. I mean, he could accidentally hurt himself falling down on something real hard, you know. Like a shiv, or my dick.
              Sorry but I thought Traffic was awesome, I love the way it is shot. Benicio is great in that movie. Don't forget The Limey or a film no one has really seen, King of the Hill. Sorry, I took a class on the films of Steven Soderbergh.
              "With all the dick sucking and butt fucking jokes we make, this is the gayest thing ever posted on BDR. Even Howard cringed from behind his laptop playing Gilmore Girls." -BillyG

Comment

I think I didn't like Traffic because I saw it in a wierd point in my life. I haven't seen it since.

Comment

Originally posted by Bruce Wayne View Post
                  Sorry but I thought Traffic was awesome, I love the way it is shot. Benicio is great in that movie.
                  I concur. Soderberghs cinematography and Del Toro's superb acting were ace.

Comment

I dunno. To me it just felt like an afterschool special with good actors/actresses. But I may have to give this another chance. I just remember being annoyed throughout the whole thing.

Comment

Topher Grace was awesome in Traffic. Daughter hot as well.
                      Touch it. Touch my fuzziness! It's like petting a kitten!
                      Now drop the pants and take the bacon!
                      POUTINE AND CELINE DION FOR EVERYONE!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Rob View Post
                        I dunno. To me it just felt like an afterschool special with good actors/actresses. But I may have to give this another chance. I just remember being annoyed throughout the whole thing.
                        This sounds more like Crash. Not Cronenberg's.

Comment

Both of them. Although I really hated fucking CRASH. But I really loved Cronenberg's CRASH.

Like I said, I'll give Traffic another go.

Comment

Working...
                          X