Dead Space

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dead Space

Anyone playing this? I'm tempted to pick it up as it's always nice to have a game that Lesley can watch me play, and I've heard it's actually pretty awesome and scary. Although, with all of the games coming out, not sure if I have the money to grab this.
    "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

I want it, but my wallet fails to let me have the funds to purchase it. Too many fucking games...
    Blog Time! http://plasticlovin.blogspot.com/

Reporter: "Is Ringo Starr the best drummer in the world?"
    John Lennon: "Ringo isn't even the best drummer in The Beatles."

Forget it Viet, it's Hockentown. - Russ

Lord Hocken's gaze was that of the Green Horned Mindraper.

Comment

Curious about this too. Need new games.
      Touch it. Touch my fuzziness! It's like petting a kitten!
      Now drop the pants and take the bacon!
      POUTINE AND CELINE DION FOR EVERYONE!!!!

Comment

I'm interested but my wallet can't handle it. I have to buy Rock Band 2 and LittleBigPlanet next week.
        "With all the dick sucking and butt fucking jokes we make, this is the gayest thing ever posted on BDR. Even Howard cringed from behind his laptop playing Gilmore Girls." -BillyG

Comment

Yeah. I think I'm just gonna wait on this one after mulling it over a bit. Especially since LBP is next week, and Fallout is the week after. Then comes L4D. I'll be pretty busy. But that just means that in a few months when stuff has died down, I can grab this and the Force Unleashed.
          "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

Picking it up today mang. That and Saints Row 2. Since I have been about as frugal as the patriarch of a large Jewish family, I think it is time to explode the piggy bank and get some new stuff to burn through.
            Me quick one want slow

Comment

Oh shit. Forgot about Saints Row 2. Dammit! Now I want that.

Comment

Sorry. I'll describe them both in great detail, but they are never going to hold a candle to the upcoming slate of WHAM BAM SEX IN A POST-APOCALYPTIC WORLD THANK YOU MA'AM games that will be unleashing the fun upon gamerdom in the coming weeks. And yes, most of that textual shouting was for Fallout 3. Why?

Because I believe that game will be able to get Jesus to come back JUST TO PLAY IT.

And then someone will be getting pregnant just by playing it. This someone will be male. The game disc will then come with birth control.

And then Bruce Willis will have to fight Mr. Glass in a game of water polo.

(I obviously have nothing but a positive anticipation for that game...obviously.)
                Me quick one want slow

Comment

It is awesome.

Comment

I want this pretty bad but the only game I'm allowing myself to buy for the rest of the year is Gears 2. My holiday want list keeps getting longer and longer.

Comment

I can't wait for Gears 2. The Horde mode sounds like it would be a blast with a few of us.

Comment

First hour's play: fucking awesome. Like a mix of RE4, Bioshock, and the not-so-shitty parts of Event Horizon.

The monsters are fucking sneaky, the music and atmosphere are perfect accompaniments to the "OH FUCK SHOOT IT SHOOT IT" moments. So far, my only regret is that I hadn't started playing it sooner.
                        Me quick one want slow

Comment

Yesterday I did a whole bunch of nothing thanks to our flu-infested faculty, so I sat my ass on the couch and popped in Dead Space.

Anyone who has a decent sound system should get this game, turn the lights off, and start screaming their fucking heads off. Seriously, the sound design is amazing.

The creatures. Oh, the creatures. The concept artists for this are some fucked up people. And they are awesome. They took some of the ideas you can see Rob Bottin throw around in The Thing, and add a formerly human baby to it. Or bits and pieces of what used to be human turn into a tendril-infested bunch of claws. Later on, they reskin them all to look like they just came from the Tarman's Family Reunion (the coolest zombie in Return of the Living Dead).

Rent it and see what I mean if you're awaiting the "Post-Apocalyptic Sex Panther" that is Fallout 3. I totally understand. But this is just a well-done game that deserves a look.
                          Me quick one want slow

Comment

Goddammit man! I'm trying not to buy this! Arghghg. Stupid priorities.

Comment

So, McMeatbag, tell me... Is this a survival horror game? I liked Resident Evil 2, loved Silent Hill, but so far all of their sequels have bored me. However, I loved Bioshock. So, which is this closer to?
                              "Can't you just magic it away?"
                              "No, no more than you can just 'science' it away."

Xbox Live & PSN Tag: wydren

Comment

Working...
                              X