X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JCVD

Could be fun. Chud liked it. Thoughts?

Trailer: http://video.yahoo.com/watch/3682408/10133660
    Touch it. Touch my fuzziness! It's like petting a kitten!
    Now drop the pants and take the bacon!
    POUTINE AND CELINE DION FOR EVERYONE!!!!

I'll definitely check it out. I've always dug JCVD.
    "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

In the span of the last two days, as I was running low on things to watch while I drew shit, I busted out some JCVD flicks.

It started with the one that is getting some airtime OnDemand: Sudden Death.

Powers Boothe was on a roll as the go-to villain in some of the actioners coming out at the time (here he was great, but he will always be Curly Bill from Tombstone), JCVD kills some dude with a lighter and a super soaker filled with lighter fluid (not to mention that he beats the shit out of the Pittsburgh Penguins mascot). All in all, pretty entertaining.

Too bad the kid who played his son was a fat little mongoloid. I remember him playing the same role in that Matthew Modine divorce movie Bye Bye Love. Hated him then, hated him in Sudden Death.

Then it was Universal Soldier. Lundgren was pretty fucking great as the villain. I think the ear necklace was especially good for his character, allowing him to show his limited comedic range. Also, the diner scene with JCVD still stands out as his most Bill Bixby-ish moment. "I just want to eat", followed by a swift kick to the dong. Good, B-movie shit here...aside from the manass on display, that is.

Today, it will be the post-workout trifecta of Bloodsport, Timecop, and the mulleted killing-machine movie to end all mulleted killing-machine movies: Hard Target. After that, JCVD is in ham-tied-to-a-string territory. Though there is always that twin movie he did with Bolo Yeung and Geoffrey Lewis...and STREET FIGHTER.

I don't want to get off on a rant here...but yes, I will be there with my zubaz pants and foil jacket on opening day.
      Me quick one want slow

Comment

Timecop is better than it had any right to be. Hard Target is the greatness. And I fucking love Universal Soldier.
        "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

Working...
        X